Phi Beta Delta – Eta Delta Chapter
Faculty & Staff
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there will be no formal induction ceremony this year.
Welcome to ΦΒΔ!
Phi Beta Delta honors those who serve internationalism.
Phi Beta Delta is the first honor society dedicated to recognizing scholarly achievement in international education. The society was established as a national organization in 1987 and has grown to become an international society with over 140 chapters.
The UNC – Greensboro Chapter of Phi Beta Delta was chartered in October 2008. Its mission is to serve as a means of encouraging interdisciplinary international programming and promote the exchange of ideas and information among a network of faculty, staff, and students involved in international endeavors.
The society uses Greek letters to express its core values:
- Phi (philomatheia) – love of knowledge
- Beta (biotremmonia) – valuing of human life
- Delta (diapheren) – achieving excellence
Phi Beta Delta’s colors are red and gold:
- Red symbolizes the strength and diversity of humankind.
- Gold is a symbol for the sun from which all people and cultures draw strength and life